Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Back In the Saddle

After a wonderful two week vacation and trip back to the east for my brothers wedding it feels good to be, once again, back in the saddle. I reached home one week before the rest of my family in order to keep things going on the farm. In hopes of breaking up my loneliness as the sole cow poke on the ranch, our dear friends the Bittners stopped by and spent most of the day playing with horses and picking black berries. As you can see I was not the only one in the saddle that day.





Stephen Bittner (age 15) stayed for two whole additional days to help me finish a suprise project for my sisters and mother. For several years they have been hoping that I would build them some rose arbors for their climbing roses in our berry garden. Well, with the right materials and some hard labor some respectable arbors arose. I was very thankful for Stephen's great assistance because positioning these large arbores into place was definitely a two man project.
P. S. Don't spill the beans. They get back late tonight and won't see them untill tomorow morning.


1 comment:

JosephDaniel said...

Great work gentlemen. I'm sure, Phillip, that your mother and sisters were very pleased to find their dream materialized.

Thanks for keeping my brother busy in my absence. Keep up the good work!